Ask a Librarian
Great tools to assist you
HUS 236 - Foundations of Vocational Rehabilitation - Mini Assignment #2
Please select from the list below a topic for your research and next assignment.
- Major Mental Illness
- Severe Mental Retardation
- Physical Disability
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Hearing Disability
- Visual Disability
1. Provide the topic area overview/characteristics/details.
- Type of disability
- Demographic information
2. Discuss why this topic area is important to know as it relates to VR.
3. Present what you hope to find when you conduct a review of the literature.
Due date: 3/15/2011
You will complete a review of the journal articles from a recent professional journal (2000-current) addressing issues surrounding your vocational rehabilitation research topic area ( Assignment #2).
- Include the journal title, authors, date, etc
- Provide a summary/overview the content of the article.
- Describe the findings of the research study.
- Discuss any recommendations for further research and/or limitations of study.
- Explain in your own words what you learned from the article to demonstrate your understanding of the material presented as it relates to Vocational Rehabilitation
Due date: 4/15/2011
* Article must come from profession (Peer-Reviewed) professional journal; not magazines, new papers or briefs.
What is Peer-Review
What does Peer-Reviewed mean?
A scholarly periodical which requires that each article submitted for publication be judged by an independent panel of experts (scholarly or scientific peers). Articles not approved by a majority of these peers are not accepted for publication by the journal.